Thursday, November 17, 2016

Cholesteatoma Update!

Well my second surgery was November 2016 and I am happy to report the Cholesteatoma was NOT BACK. I had a healing ridge of scar tissue and skin webbing from over growth of the skin graft from the first surgery when they made the open cavity. They skin graft the entire thing so the nerves are not exposed. Well behind all that I had a build up of debris. So no cholesteatoma, but its a good thing that is was removed, because it may have lead to more cholesteatoma in the future. Unfortunately they were  unable to give me the titanium prosthesis because of my exposed facial nerve. It would have touched the nerve which could potentially make my left side of my face paralyzed (similar to stroke paralysis look) What she did do was take a bit of cartilage from my ear, and attach it to my bone fragments (hearing bone) to try to give me better hearing bones and we'll see if that will improve my hearing some. I believe it will. Because I don't feel as deaf as I did after my first surgery. But maybe that's because I am used to it? Not sure. SO anyways here's a few pics of this years adventures.
 Me after the surgury ^^^^ It was a pretty easy recovery!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment