Thursday, May 16, 2019

Social Media Detox week 2

I'm probably going to disappoint you here. But after day 2 I downloaded an app called app detox.

I allow myself 30 mins on facebook. It unfortunately glitches quite often and allows me more time before kicking me off. I also will log onto my computer to check something that I want to check if I am out of time.

I do feel like a have a million times more healthy relationship with Facebook so I am quite happy with these parameters.

I have not limited myself to Instagram as I don't feel like it has a negative aspect in my life.

I have to remind myself that God wants me to get off my phone! Get off  Facebook in particular.

I do think I have gone back to a comfort zone of sorts. A new comfort zone, but I am still not reading the bible as much as I would like. I am not listening to sermons as much as I would like. I am not praying as intently as I wish.

I need to be a bit more purposeful in those areas.

Over all I am happy with pulling away the way I have. But I need now to refocus my attention not on other forms of entertainment, but to align my focus with God.

I am still a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment