Friday, May 3, 2019

Social Media detox day 2

When God leads your path its surprisingly easy. I have tried on my own will so many times to detox from social media, and I was always unsuccessful.

I have very weak will power. However, it seems when God calls me to give something up it is surprisingly easy. Not to say it is without temptation or hardship, but just a new frame of mind that comes from within. God's strength. God's will. ITS JUST DIFFERENT.

Here's what I have noticed in just this day and a half.

  • When I am looking to relax I automatically want to go on social media.
  • There were a few things I legitimately wanted to check see and do.  I am trying to sit with these areas and pray over my boundaries with social media. I am still unsure on where this will leave me. 
  • When I am waiting or on autopilot mindlessness I grab my phone and look for the Facebook app.
  • I found I was 200% more tuned into the kids! I was able to just be PRESENT with holding my son instead of holding him and trying to look at my phone. I also did something that was harder with the daycare kids because it required more careful supervision, but when my mind wasn't split so many ways I was able to easily and not stressfully give this focus on supervision versus when my mind was split so many ways, I would set the kids up in very predicable boring environments so supervision was easier. I took them out of the house because I wasn't so preoccupied. I sat with my daughter outside so she could bike and play with her friend in the front yard (her favorite).
  • I was more intentional with my free time. I did things like listen to sermons and watch a show I wanted to watch without split concentration. I blogged.
  • We ate dinner as a family.
  • I had more time to fit in the tasks I wanted to accomplish!
  • My mind was much more free to think of healthier things. Prayers, intentions, goals, aspirations, and be free to hear that small still voice! 
  • I was able to drink my coffee and read you version plans instead of scroll my notifications.
  • I used my planner more.
 To sum it up my mind had so much less going through it and I found so much more time.

In this extra time I have been lead to work on my attitude and words. I feel lit on fire with the holy spirit. There is nothing more satisfying than listening to God's will. He is always right. Even when his plan is not what you had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment