Thursday, May 2, 2019

Social Media Detox

Wake up check facebook while coffee brews
drink coffee scroll facebook
scroll facebook off and on as daycare kids come in and play
scroll social media off and on while daycare kids eat breakfast
scroll social media off and on while daycare kids play and the babies nap
scroll social media off and on while I am outside with the kids
scroll facebook  while kids eat lunch on occasion if I do not eat
scroll social media through all of the kids naps
check social media off and on while waiting for kids to be picked up
scroll social media immediately after kids leave
check social media and on during family time in evenings
sit on social media for hours after kids go to bed

Facebook is my main source of addiction. I do go on Instagram and snap chat. Those are much more brief and rarely bring any drama or anxiety and often can motivate me. But I can over do it there too.

All of the political debates and vaccine debates and the extreme hate an division amongst the people have really been a source of anxiety for me. Yet I can't leave it alone. It has even caused me insomnia.

I have realized all of these things are the ways of the world. My trust and faith need to remain in my God. I need to step away. I need to live the life God has called me to and to stop worrying about these ways of the world. I don't want to be completely ignorant and not pray over these things. But I do not need to obsess. God has called me to be a GREAT WOMAN OF GOD and I need to build my husband and my children up. I need keep my home. I need to build up my daycare. The career God has personally blessed with me to stay home with my kids and provide for my family all the while fueling a passion for early childhood development.

These things got lost amidst the chaos of the mind with 3oo things and stories and people and comparisons running through it. Time evades me as I scroll every spare minute of peace I have. What would happen if I collected and saved those moments of peace? Would I be able spread more peace? Would I have more patience? Would I better be able to keep up on the constant flow of house work? Would I take my free minutes and chip away at the pile of work constantly piling? Would I more carefully build the foundation for my children? Would I project the Godly peace and grace and gentleness my family needs to?

God has called me to detox from the worldly source. I need to take a step back. I am praying over the parameters of what the future will hold concerning social media.

Here I wanted to document my journey and discover what potential lies within a mind more free.

No comments:

Post a Comment