Sunday, January 1, 2017

Flu Shot Tea and other cold remedies

I have been freaking sick FOREVER. It started in October with throat drainage and mild sore throat. Right before my Surgery it devloped into a small dry cough. After my surgery I got a fever and a nasty chest cold. 4 weeks later and I still have a nasty chest cold that is getting better and worse again! I'm over it! Kicking this this cold to the curb! Why I didn't get serious sooner is beyond me!
Vitamin C and D and omegas
Nac 600
probiotics
garlic pills
Peppermint essential oil on chest and diffusing the trio lemon lavender peppermint. I am also using a Young Living blend called Breath again. It is lemon eucalyptus and few other things all blended. 
lots of herbal teas ( like ginger tea, throat coat tea, dandelion root tea, peppermint tea)
AND FLU SHOT TEA I just made!

First comes the Paste
I personally did not measure the amounts I dumped into the jar so these are approximate measurements

1 heaping tbls of tumeric I used dry powder because my grocery did not have fresh root to grate
1 heaping tbls of grated ginger root
the zest of 1 lemon
the juice of quarter of a lemon
a minced clove of garlic
a pinch of black pepper
a few dashes of cayenne
then I poured honey over it all to make a paste.



When I made my tea I took a heaping tbls of paste and poured hot water over it. Then I stirred and enjoyed. It was really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment