Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Husbnd inspired health goals

I've been worried about my hubby lately. Especially because he has lost a lot of weight and he just doesn't seem to have an appetite. I also feel like hes been a bit depressed and lacking motivation and self worth. This has been a battle for quite some time. It changes over all the years I have known him, but suddenly I have put some more thought into and am planning to have a chat with him and put a plan together with food goals and supplements and that sort of thing to hopefully wanting to live healthier. He doesn't really care about his own health so this will be interesting conversation to have. But I am praying he will be receptive, and I have women praying he will be receptive.

Isn't it funny how the love of someone else can inspire change in yourself when you at first didn't deem yourself worth it. I have been battling some serious weight gain issues and old food habits flooding back! I have been ignoring them, but feeling so worried for my hubby I am thinking we need to make some family changes.

I have been on a holistic journey for years. And it just fell apart this fall. Then I got pregnant! My weight is piling on faster than I keep track of! Its terrifying! I am getting in some nutrition of course for the baby, but my treats are out of control. So is my caloric intake! oye vey!!! Weight is really really hard for me to lose. And cutting certain foods is really really hard for me to do.

My daughter does not eat fruits or veggies and overly loves carbs and sugar. But can survive off meat alone! She loves her MEAT!

But I find concentrating on food so much is just exhausting! I feel like my worship is just off. I need to not focus so much on food and focus more on God and go where he leads me.

Then again maybe this is it. Health for the a whole family. Serving my husband as part of it. Previously I left my hubby out of it. I'm still not sure where I am on the wellness journey. I'd say overall still discouraged and disappointed in myself. But I still have faith God will show me direction, and maybe one of these days I will stop being blind to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment